In order to ensure we are able to provide quality service to all who can benefit from the Furniture Program in Central Indiana, the following policies have been adopted.
As a participant of The Mustard Seed of Central Indiana Furniture Program, only Partnered Referral Agencies can refer clients. If referred the following are some of the policies.
- The Mustard Seed of Central Indiana is a once in a lifetime.
- An authorized referral agency must send a client referral form in order to receive services.
- The furniture received is gently used and has been donated.
- Furniture and household items selected are based on need and the referral form only.
- A picture ID is required when arriving at appointment in order to pick up furniture.
- A picture ID for every adult living in the home and social security cards or birth certificates for every child living in the home are required. Adults over the age of 18 living in the home, other than the partner or spouse, must obtain their own referral unless they are a child still under my care.
- There is a $100 Client Referral Fee to be paid by postal money order or cash on the day of my appointment, if picking up furniture. If furniture is being delivered, payment needs to be paid before furniture is delivered. Personal checks are not accepted.
- A permanent place of residence is required. Proof of six months residency is required.
- A steady income (i.e. employment, unemployment, SSI, disability) is required.
- I must have a covered truck, U-Haul, a covered trailer or hitch large enough to carry all of furniture on the day and time of appointment. Vans and SUVs are not permitted due to safety concerns. I cannot make multiple trips to the warehouse to pick up items. I should be prepared to load and tie down my own furniture.
- Two (2) people to help load furniture is required. If I do not have my own help, I will be charged an additional $20 for help from Mustard Seed employees.
- Furniture delivery is available from The Mustard Seed for an additional $150.
- A Mustard Seed employee will accompany the client through the warehouse, which will last up to 30 minutes.
- No children under the age of 13 are allowed in the warehouse. Children cannot be left unattended without adult supervision.
- I understand that not all items may be available in stock and that I may not receive all of the items on my list. If the items are not available during the time of my visit, I may not return at a later date.